In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose and prepare 5” precut fabric squares for inclusion in a quilt.
- Join two half units to make a Cathedral Window block.
- Sew the blocks into rows and join the rows.
- Select colorful fabric squares and center the square in each window pane.
- Create window pane curves and glue or stitch in place.
- Sew a decorative stitch on the folded curve area.
- Finish the quilt with binding.
Finished Size: Quilt Size: 32" x 32", Block Size: 8" x 18", Number of Blocks: 16
If using precuts:
- 25 (5") precut squares assorted brights
- 64 (5") precut A squares gray solid
- 128 (5") precut B squares white solid
- 3/4 yard total assorted brights
- 1 1/8 yards gray solid
- 2 1/4 yards white solid
- 3/8 yard binding fabric
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Walking or even-feed pressure foot
- Seams Align Glue by Acorn Precision Piecing Products (optional)
- Glass-head pins
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.