Chic Throw by Marly Bird: Herringbone Block 1
Meet The Expert
Marly Bird is the national spokesperson for Red Heart Yarns and a published crochet and knitting designer. She is also an author, teacher, podcaster and blogger. Throughout the year, Marly travels the country teaching at national craft consumer shows and shares the love of Red Heart (including her new line called Chic Sheep by Marly Birdô) with her followers. Full bio »
View other episodes by Marly Bird »
In this Crochet Skill Builders online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert and designer Marly Bird demonstrates how to work the herringbone stitch.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet the two row repeat.
- Weave in ends so that it's easy to seam blocks together.
- Crochet the Herringbone Block.
- Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird medium (worsted) weight merino wool yarn (3 1/2 oz /186 yds/100g per skein): 7 skeins #5640 platinum (A), 5 skeins #5641 sterling (B), 5 skeins #5311 lace (C), 3 skeins #5312 stiletto (D)
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (optional)
Block: 12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Throw: 38 inches wide x 50 inches long