Sunset at the Beach
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class, Heather explains how to choose and arrange your fabrics to create the beautiful bargello look. She then demos how to cut, subcut and piece the fabrics and strips to create the wavy bargello effect. With the help of this video, even a beginner can learn the bargello technique.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose 10 fabrics that will yield a striking bargello design.
- Cut, subcut and organize the fabric strips.
- Stitch tight seams so they nest properly.
- Sew the strips together without twisting.
- Complete the Sunset at the Beach bargello table runner!
Runner Size: 32 1/4" x 17"
- 1 strip 1 1/2 " x 42" of 8 different fabrics ranging from very light cream to very dark blue or purple
- 3/8 yard cream tonal
- 5/8 yard dark blue print
- 1 piece 40" x 25" fabric for backing
- Batting 40" x 25"
- Neutral-color all-purpose thread
- Quilting thread
- Basic sewing tools