Meet The Expert
Heather Valentine is the voice behind The Sewing Loft. This self-proclaimed fabric hoarder likes to stitch the night away and dreams of one day discovering a better way to detangle her thread collection. Full bio »
View other episodes by Heather Valentine »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, sewing expert Heather Valentine demonstrates how to create the cute Zippy Bags that are perfect for storing small items.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Make templates for applique pieces.
- Adhere applique pieces to fusible web.
- Blanket stitch around applique pieces to secure them in place.
- Insert a zipper using a zipper foot -- Heather makes it easy!
- Use a pinking rotary blade to create funky hair in a snap.
Green "Hair" Bag Size: 5" x 6", excluding "hair"
Yellow "Hair" Bag Size: 7" x 5", excluding "hair"
Materials and cutting lists given make two bags, one of each style.
- Scrap each green and yellow felt or felted wool
- Scrap each white and black solid
- Fat quarter black with multicolored dots
- Fat quarter red tonal
- 2 red zippers, at least 9" long
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Zipper foot for sewing machine
- Pinking shears (optional)
- Basic sewing tools and supplies