Be Square Afghan
Meet The Expert
Rachel is the wife, mother of three (soon to be four!), designer, blogger and crochet teacher behind the Cozy Nooks Designs blog . She loves to design home decor crochet patterns and finds herself gravitating toward boho and farmhouse vibes. Her favorite crochet projects are Christmas tree skirts because they are what initially propelled her designing career. A true creator at... Full bio »
View other episodes by Rachel Alford »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, crochet expert Rachel Alford demonstrates how to stitch this super-soft blanket that works up in a jiffy with thick yarn.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Crochet with super chunky size #6 yarn.
- Crochet with a size N/13/9mm hook.
- Stitch a very simple pattern to create the Be Square Afghan.
- Finish off the afghan with a fun pompom yarn edging.
Finished Size: 50 inches square
- Red Heart Light & Lofty super bulky (super chunky) weight yarn (4½ oz/105 yds/127g per skein): 8 skeins #9317 salt & pepper
- Red Heart Pomp-a-Doodle super bulky (super chunky) weight yarn (3½ oz/54 yds/100g per skein): 2 skeins #9940 shoreline
- Size N/13/9mm crochet hook