Learn to Embroider
Meet The Expert
Pearl Louise is an avid designer in many needlecrafts including quilting, sewing, felting, embroidery and redwork. Her original projects have appeared in many national magazines, and she's also authored dozens of books including two redwork books by Annie's, Redwork Winter Twitterings and Garden Party Stitchery . See more of her work at www.PearlLouiseDesigns.com Full bio »
View other episodes by Pearl Louise Krush »
In this class you'll learn:
- Which embroidery tools and supplies work best for beginners
- How to hoop fabric to keep it taut
- How to transfer designs onto fabric to stitch
- 6 outline stitches: Stem stitch, backstitch, blanket stitch, chain stitch, couching stitch and running stitch
- 10 decorative stitches: Satin stitch, lazy daisy stitch, straight stitch, cross stitch, fern stitch, feather stitch, woven stitch, bullion stitch, and French and colonial knots
- How to frame an embroidered sampler piece
- How to stitch designs to create pot holders, napkins, linens, ornaments and more
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.