Swedish Weaving & Huck Embroidery Made Easy
Meet The Expert
Katherine's special is Swedish weaving, also called huck embroidery. Her designs have a bit of a contemporary flare to them yet maintain a traditional look similar to those from the 1930s and '40s. Soon after discovering this craft, Katherine began selling hand-stitched items at shows and in local Scandinavian shops. She also started teaching, and it was her students who... Full bio »
View other episodes by Katherine Kennedy »
Join Swedish weaving and huck embroidery expert Katherine Kennedy and discover for yourself the ease and elegance of this craft. Katherine explains in detail which fabrics, threads and needles are suitable for Swedish weaving and huck embroidery. Then, she demonstrates each basic stitch step by step as you follow along.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Choose fabrics, threads and needles for stitching projects.
- Work the basic stitches including the straight stitch, slant stitch, loop stitch, double-loop stitch and twisted loop stitch.
- Read a Swedish weave and huck embroidery chart.
- Work loop stitches into letters or shapes to add personalization.
- Finish projects with a pretty, multicolored fringed edge.
- Stitch a holiday ornament from start to finish during the video.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.