Learn to Machine Bind Your Quilts
Meet The Expert
Nancy Scott has two generations of quilting in her heritage. She owns Masterpiece Quilting and her business includes longarm quilting services using both computerized and free-motion patterns, custom-made quilts, show quilts and pattern design. Full bio »
View other episodes by Nancy Scott »
In this class, you’ll learn how to machine-sew the binding onto any quilt using your home sewing machine. You’ll master lining up both sides of single- and double-fold binding on the quilt front and back to make the edges meet where they should and your stitches land in the right spot.
In this video class you'll learn how to:
- Prepare single-fold and double-fold binding strips.
- Press a single-fold binding strip to give you a little bit of extra on the back.
- Sew a single-fold binding to the front and back of the quilt at the same time.
- Sew a double-fold binding onto the back, then topstitch the front.
- Sew a double-fold binding to the front by stitching in the ditch while catching the binding on the back at the same time.
- Sew mitered corners.
- Stitch the binding ends together with several techniques.
- Quilt an attractive runner with tonal batiks.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.