Learn to Crochet Socks
Meet The Expert
Rohn Strong is a crochet and knitwear designer and yarn spinner who has been crocheting since he was 6 years old. His designs reflect a desire to push the boundaries of the crafts. He has instructed several Annie's video classes and has designed numerous patterns for Annie's. His patterns have appeared in both Crochet! and Crochet World magazines. Rohn has also taught many... Full bio »
View other episodes by Rohn Strong »
You'll learn the secret to a stretchy cuff that fits smoothly over your foot and heel, yet stays snug on your leg. And once you know how to crochet these five beginner-level socks, you'll easily be able to tackle more complicated sock patterns.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Crochet easy socks for men, women and kids.
- Work basic crochet stitches.
- Measure your foot for the perfect fit.
- Crochet socks in stripes, easy textures and lace.
- Read a crochet sock pattern.
- Crochet cuff-down and toe-up socks.
- Stitch a stretchy cuff that fits easily over your foot and heel, but won't slouch on your leg.
- Work a heel flap and heel turn with a gusset.
- Work a short-row heel and a quick afterthought heel.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.