Gnome Forest Pillow
Meet The Expert
Heather Valentine is the voice behind The Sewing Loft. This self-proclaimed fabric hoarder likes to stitch the night away and dreams of one day discovering a better way to detangle her thread collection. Full bio »
View other episodes by Heather Valentine »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Heather Valentine demonstrates how to sew this delightful applique pillow piece by piece.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose background fabrics that will set off the gnomes and trees.
- Trace and cut the applique shapes
- Fuse the shapes onto the background.
- Machine applique the gnome and tree shapes in place.
- Add jingle bell and button accents for an extra festive touch!
Finished Size: Pillow Size: 38" x 16"
- 1¼ yards light gray print (gnome scene background and pillow case back)
- ⅓ yard white tonal
- 6" x 8" piece red tonal
- 6" x 8" piece blue tonal
- 6" x 6" piece green tonal
- 8" x 8" piece dark gray tonal
- 2" x 5" piece pink tonal
- 4" x 11" piece brown tonal
- 9"x 9" piece second white tonal
- 5" x 10" piece green dotv
- ½ yard backing fabric
- 18" x 40" piece batting
- 3 (10 mm) silver bells
- 11 (5/8" diameter) white buttons
- 16" x 38" pillow form
- 1 ¼ yards 17" wide fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
To add this pattern to your Annie's Creative Studio pattern library or to download it to your personal device, click on the Patterns tab above.