Meet The Expert
Heather Valentine is the voice behind The Sewing Loft. This self-proclaimed fabric hoarder likes to stitch the night away and dreams of one day discovering a better way to detangle her thread collection. Full bio »
View other episodes by Heather Valentine »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Heather Valentine demonstrates how to make these fun ornaments from start to finish. These ornaments will look adorable hanging on your tree or decorating Christmas gifts or stockings.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Transfer template designs onto wool felt.
- Fuse scrap cotton fabrics onto the wool felt background.
- Add decorative stitching embellishments.
- Finish off the ornaments with ribbon, beads and buttons.
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: 4 ½" x 3 ¼"
- 5" x 6" white wool felt*
- 3" x 5" mint green wool felt*
- 3" x 5" red wool felt*
- Scrap piece aqua wool felt*
- Scrap piece bright green wool felt*
- Scrap piece each red, light green, green and aqua/green cotton print
- Small piece paper-backed fusible web
- Embroidery floss in white, mint green, aqua, red, bright green and black*
- 2 (8" lengths) ⅛ "-wide red satin ribbon
- 6 red seed beads
- 2 (¼"-diameter) black buttons
- 2 (1⅛ "-diameter) decorative black buttons
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
To add this pattern to your Annie's Creative Studio pattern library or to download it to your personal device, click on the Patterns tab above.