Multi-Tasking Magic Table Mats
Meet The Expert
Heather Valentine is the voice behind The Sewing Loft. This self-proclaimed fabric hoarder likes to stitch the night away and dreams of one day discovering a better way to detangle her thread collection. Full bio »
View other episodes by Heather Valentine »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Heather Valentine shows you how to make these handy table mats in detail.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Convert the table mats into baskets and vice versa.
- Create the table mats in batches.
- Pick fabrics of your choosing -- batiks, scraps to a coordinated print set.
- Trace half-square triangle templates onto plastic or cardboard.
- Complete the Multi-Tasking Magic Table Mats.
Small Table Mat Size: 6" x 6"
Medium Table Mat Size: 12" x 12"
Large Table Mat Size: 14" x 18"
- Materials given make one each size mat.
- 6 (2½" x WOF) strips assorted light print
- 7 (2½" x WOF) strips assorted dark print
- 5 (21½" x WOF) strips for binding
- ¾ yard backing fabric
- 1 (27" x 40") rectangle batting
- 9" length hook-and-loop tape
- Template Material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
- Easy Angle 4.5" tool by EZ Quilting (Optional)