Turn a Cutting Board into a Chalk Sign
Meet The Expert
Marty Walden is the author and creative mind behind the blog Marty's Musings, where she shares her trash-to-treasure makeovers, easy DIY projects and beautiful room transformations. She believes that anyone can create an authentic home filled with simple, thrifty decor. Her goal is to help her readers gain the knowledge and confidence they need to create a treasured home... Full bio »
View other episodes by Marty Walden »
In this Creative Living online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, home decor expert Marty Walden demonstrates how to turn a new or used cutting board into a chalk sign.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Age a new or used cutting board.
- Apply and season chalkboard paint to a masked off area.
- Transfer words and other embellishments to the cutting board.
- Complete your farmhouse-style cutting board chalkboard sign.
- Cutting board (used or new)
- Masking tape
- Foam paint brush
- Black chalkboard paint
- Memo note pad
- Scrapbooking glue dots
- Chalk paint markers
- White chalk
- Jute or string
- Hand sander, 60 grid sandpaper, grinder, hammer and screwdriver